Sunday, April 3, 2011

Denise Milani Retiring

Manchester (01/04/2011)


Stiff Little Fingers- Apple Shift Seven. Academy 2 (Manchester). £ 18

I have very fond memories of many times I've seen live SLF, but certainly for me, this concert in Manchester was one of the best I've seen the group thanks mainly to the good atmosphere that was. Sold out, I reckon they would have around 1200 - 1500 people that night. The room was beautiful, but remained with the entry, which I did not like (thank goodness I scanned before.) I was surprised not to see as support for Spear of Destiny , they were the ones that were announced but did not touch the end. Preparing chronic singer I heard that recently suffered a heart attack and obviously had to stop all the pins of the tour. Instead they put a band called Apple Shift Seven . Punk-rock 77, with some good topics and more passable. They are young and still have far to go ... And behind them, waiting impatiently for the Small Fingering Hard.

Stiff Little Fingers
repealed once became a bit. Meanwhile, people were singing or group issues were the typical Oe, oe, oe ... Fingers, Fingers! As I said there was a scrotumtightening environment and we know that this does much to show you that any remaining in the retina ... Intro "Go for it" and the band finally took the stage and can then check that Mr. Jake Burns slicked his hair and pulled back. I tell this detail because sometimes, when you carry normal hair and stirred, you can see a light in one of the temples' s sick (it seems as if he had scalable enabling the head there ...). The years do not forgive jejeje. Well, details aside, the songs started falling one after another and the pogo, chanting, delirium and avalanches of people for front and back, too. The anticipation was great and the crowd went wild with each subject group. You put goosebumps listening to people even more than the voice of Jake . Ostia was seen as some you hooked to the neck and put you half excited to sing as you had inside. It sweated the sweat. News & changes in the portfolio as always, much better that that, for example, who took on his last tour of the state. There was a new theme ("Full steam backwards"), and with it are already three songs that future new album recorded soon as I can hear. I have to say that they are all very well, she promises that new job. Was incredible to hear the "Straw Dogs" and I expected that touched the "Harp" because I saw how they prepared the stage he placed acoustic guitar Ian McCallum which, incidentally, saw him again sing again in "Can not Get Away With That" (I think not made since 2009, with it came the ostiazo Jake Burns in Donostia in the tour of the state that made that year.) Another innovation was a version change, this time recovering for the classic that popularized The Clash "I Fought the Law." Played it a tad slow for my taste but it was incredible public response. And little else, encore, more choirs, more clapping, more pogo ... and the bus station was whistling as Cinderella that night and the coach that I had to return to Liverpool out at 12 o'clock on a station that was about a half hour from the site where the concert was (and this ended at 23:15 approx.) Well, I'd like to see more shows and not always in the SLF , but for my time zone is what you get (how I miss the wonderful national scene ...).


- Setlist:

1. Roots, radicals, rockers and reggae.
2. Hope Street.
3. At the edge.
4. Guitar and drum.
5. Just fade away.
6. Full steam backwards.
7. Straw dogs.
8. Listen.
9. Barbed wire love.
10. That can not get away with.
11. Harp.
12. Nobody's hero.
13. Wasted life.
14. Strummerville.
15. Fly the flag.
16. Tin soldiers.
17. Suspect device. 1st
bis:
18. Johnny Was.
2 bis:
19. I Fought the Law.
20. Alternative Ulster.

- A couple of videos recorded in sepia caught the Youtube :

- The beginning :



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR7wTJK_1T4

- End :



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zICjek7xpc

0 comments:

Post a Comment