Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Which Way Do Roller Blinds Face

FM-Rubella Ballet-Menace


Encefálika FM. Best before: Fuck you. The Lombard Productions (2010). € 5

I happen to outline some cd's that I've caught lately. Well, what to say but has not been said already on this disk for Encefálika FM. Excellent sound and, most importantly, a very good punk rock songs fresh, danceable and coreables. We found issues with lots of melody and a lot of cane, being the ones I liked the "land is not enough", "Nice body," "My Generation" or the "We'll fly to Cairo." Essence punkrockera made in 77 but with a very contemporary sound (the sound production is optimal.) Neurotic people Code e Inem Kilers collaborate. Maybe I Flipo a bit now, but if any punk-reggae song, would be talking about the new Rancid Ruby ... Anyway, it said, recommended working FM Encefálika that already have insurance downloaded for the strip, so I will say that the booklet with the lyrics and the info is also quite currado, so worth having original.

- http://gritaomuere.es/gom/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=encefalika+FM


Rubella Ballet. Never mind the day-glo. Overground Records (2010). £ 10

Compilation of the band "captained" by the excellent voice of Zillah Minx. Among other groups, we also find members who were in turn Flux of Pink Indians. The anecdotes about Rubella Ballet is quite extensive and curious, being perhaps better known than in the band were at the time a son and a daughter of the singer of Poison Girls (now I just think it is the boy in training). Despite being a group associated with the anarcho-punk, both sound like image far from the classic rock bands in England. To start, no black clothes, only the most vivid colors possible. After the sound, which is a punk after waves of new influences and / or pop. On this album are songs that go from 1985 to 2008. There are a total of 20 and even weakens a bit at the end, I must say that overall I loved it. Of course, the punk stage is what I liked, finding great songs as "Artic flowers", "Mescalito", "Mummy" or "Every second counts", among many others. This album has put me on the trail of material left the group. Interesting and good!



Menace. Punk singles collection. Captain Oi (200?). £ 10

The typical singles compilation album so common seals off that record to the punk'77 beens. When in doubt about which hard pinch, tod @ s've ever pulled them ... It puts before us is not what year it was published, but brings songs of work dating from 2004 (and I think there is nothing "cool" the group since, apart from other compiled). And this is a little peculiar and appealing to me the CD, that even if a compilation is current as of the last times the band. Menace are classics of British punk who once recorded several singles before disbanding. In the 90 again but with significant changes in training (especially on vocals). With its ups and downs, Menace have a handful of hymns that are set forth herein, Loikaemie version (of Split Ep) and The Ruts including (I think that is the tribute album). Find even one of his last works very worthy ( Crisis , For example) for what ultimately in store us "old glories." To take a catch, I would say that even liking the tracks they recorded in the period in which the singer Resistance 77 was in the group, the voice of this type does not convince me the least, but I still say like (either sound production is good). I said, typical disk to start learning or re-engage with the group in power.

- http://www.captainoi.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment